Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump
- Product Review (submitted on June 30, 2009):
This pump works well, and I am quite satisfied with it's function -- after 2 months of pumping, I am able to pump out 6-7 ounces of breastmilk within 15-20 minutes if I don't pump for 4-5 hours.
1. The 2009 model is BPA-free (model # 17070).
2. Efficient pumping -- I am able to pump out 6-7 ounces of breastmilk within 15-20 minutes; 3-4 oz within 7-10 minutes.
3. Can pump both breasts at the same time (more efficient usually), or you can pump one at a time (I do this when I have my baby nurse on one side while I pump on the other).
4. You can set and control vacuum strength & cycle speed -- you have full control to set it to the level that is comfortable for you.
5. Simple to use because it has few parts, and they are easy to assemble.
6. Easy to clean the parts.
7. Can use either an AC adaptor or batteries to power it.
8. Less expensive than most other electric breast pumps -- I'm glad I didn't have to pay $200-300 for a pump.
9. Has a one-year warranty.
1. Is not contained in a carrying case, making it somewhat noisy -- it makes a distinct noise and it beeps.
1. Buy a "hands-free nursing bra" or make your own with an existing no-wire bra -- this would allow you to do other tasks while you're pumping; I actually have my lunch at work while I pump.
2. Store your breastmilk in storage bottles if you plan to use it within a few days; store it in Lansinoh storage bags (very good quality bags, and they are BPA-free) if you plan to freeze it.
Moms Love Ameda
Ameda’s Dedication to Quality and Safety
Comfort. Breastfeeding, while important and healthy, also needs to be done in a way that is comfortable. Ameda's breast pumps are designed to fit comfortably, and come in many different styles and shapes in order to fit to your needs and comfort levels. [Learn More]
Affordable Care Act
You may be covered... at no cost to you!
Now Breastfeeding Services and Supplies Are Covered Without Cost Sharing in Health Plans Starting August 1, 2012. Read about NEW Coverage Guidelines Under Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.[Learn More]