Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump with Backpack
- Product Review (submitted on December 30, 2009):
I bought this after reading comparisons to the Medela Pump In Style. I haven't used the Medela, but after using the hospital grade pump for a few weeks I found that this one worked almost as well. I love the backpack - it's of excellent quality and very discreet when out and about. I work with a bunch of guys and they will never guess what's inside. I also have a few general tips to increase milk output that have worked for me:
1. Make your own handsfree bra: take a well-fitting (not too tight) sports bra and cut slits horizontally over your nipples, just large enough to fit the flanges through.
2. Moisten the flanges with water or a little milk to create a good seal.
3. Massage and squeeze breasts while pumping. Work from the armpit in towards the nipple, using as much pressure as is comfortable.
4. Hand express the last few drops (I can usually get ~10mL) after removing the flanges.
5. You can usually get more 'let-down' cycles and hence more milk if you think about your baby or look at them while pumping. I listen to books on tape but take time every so often to think about your baby.
6. I increased my milk supply by taking Fenugreek supplement and drinking three cups of Mother's Milk tea from my local natural foods store. Beware the Fenugreek will make you smell a bit like maple syrup!
7. Drink lots of water!!!
Moms Love Ameda
Ameda’s Dedication to Quality and Safety
Affordable Care Act
You may be covered... at no cost to you!