Ameda Purely Yours Breast Pump
- Product Review (submitted on June 30, 2009):
This pump works well, and I am quite satisfied with it's function -- after 2 months of pumping, I am able to pump out 6-7 ounces of breastmilk within 15-20 minutes if I don't pump for 4-5 hours.
1. The 2009 model is BPA-free (model # 17070).
2. Efficient pumping -- I am able to pump out 6-7 ounces of breastmilk within 15-20 minutes; 3-4 oz within 7-10 minutes.
3. Can pump both breasts at the same time (more efficient usually), or you can pump one at a time (I do this when I have my baby nurse on one side while I pump on the other).
4. You can set and control vacuum strength & cycle speed -- you have full control to set it to the level that is comfortable for you.
5. Simple to use because it has few parts, and they are easy to assemble.
6. Easy to clean the parts.
7. Can use either an AC adaptor or batteries to power it.
8. Less expensive than most other electric breast pumps -- I'm glad I didn't have to pay $200-300 for a pump.
9. Has a one-year warranty.
1. Is not contained in a carrying case, making it somewhat noisy -- it makes a distinct noise and it beeps.
1. Buy a "hands-free nursing bra" or make your own with an existing no-wire bra -- this would allow you to do other tasks while you're pumping; I actually have my lunch at work while I pump.
2. Store your breastmilk in storage bottles if you plan to use it within a few days; store it in Lansinoh storage bags (very good quality bags, and they are BPA-free) if you plan to freeze it.